*USD$1,000,000 in several prizes!
(((The manners seem kind of, uh, thorough:)))
Intel® Perceptual Computing Challenge Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: The Intel® Perceptual Computing Challenge (the “Contest”) is open usually to authorised residents of a fifty (50) United States (and D.C), Canada (excluding QC), United Kingdom, India, South Korea, Germany, Japan, People’s Republic of China, Taiwan, Russia, and Israel, who are during slightest a age of infancy in their nation of chateau during a time of entrance and are means to examination and know a English language. Employees of Intel Corporation, The Game Agency, LLC, Creative Technology Ltd. (“Creative”), and any of their primogenitor and associate companies or participating vendors as good as a evident family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and domicile members of any such worker are not eligible. The Contest is theme to all germane national, federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and internal laws, directives and regulations and is blank where prohibited.
SPONSOR: Intel Corporation, 2200 Mission College Blvd. Santa Clara, CA 95054-1549 U.S.A. ADMINISTRATOR: The Game Agency, LLC, 377 Park Avenue South, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10016, U.S.A.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and umbrella agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, that are final and contracting in all matters compared to this Contest. Winning a esteem is fortuitous on fulfilling all mandate set onward herein.
SUBMISSION TIMING: The Contest starts on Dec 17, 2012 during 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”), ends on Feb 20, 2013 during 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). Administrator’s mechanism is a central time-keeping device for a Contest.
HOW TO ENTER: This program growth foe is seeking innovative ideas for a program concentration (“App”) regulating Intel’s new programming Software Development Kit (“SDK”) that App can be used with a web camera that is means to know gestures, voice and reason (on screen). The App might concentration on any one or many of a following categories: Gaming, Productivity, Multi-Modal (using some-more than one of a 3 modes: gesture, voice or touch), or Creative User Interface and entrants will be asked to yield an App that relates to one or some-more of these categories.
To compete, entrants will be compulsory to finish a following tasks during a Contest Period. The materials submitted by entrant in apparatus 3, 4 and 7 next contingency be supposing in English.
1. Register by visiting www.perceptualchallenge.intel.com and emanate a username and password. Alternatively, entrants might register regulating their Google+ or Facebook accounts. 2. Identify one (1) of a 4 (4) categories above that best fits entrant’s proposal. 3. Complete a registration form including identifying information, residence, age, program growth story and experience, and a extensive offer about a due App including a functionality and how it might be useful and marketed to others. The offer contingency also embody a full outline of how a judges should use and exam a prototype.
4. Include a one judgment selling outline of a due App. 5. Create a antecedent that demonstrates during slightest some elements of a due App regulating a SDK. It is not dictated that a antecedent contingency have a full functionality of a due App. The SDK might be downloaded during no responsibility by visiting:
Entrant’s use of a SDK is theme to a finish user permit agreement. Entrants will be compulsory to contention to Sponsor a program package or repository including executable and ancillary files /data to run with a SDK as good as a record describing how to implement and run a prototype.
6. Submit an picture that helps denote a functionality of a due App. 7. Create a video that complements your total offer that describes yourself, your due App, and prototype. The video contingency explain what a antecedent is means to do and a ultimate functionality of a due App. Provide a YouTube URL couple to a video.
All of a above-described elements will be herein referred to as your acquiescence (“Submission”). By submitting and uploading your Submission, we establish and know that your Submission conforms to a Guidelines and Content Restrictions as tangible next (collectively, a “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in a solitary discretion, might mislay your Submission and invalidate we from a Contest if it believes that your Submission fails to heed to a Guidelines and Restrictions.
• All aspects of a Submission (except for a prototype) contingency be in English;
• The video might not surpass 5 (5) mins in length and this time border will be
• The picture contingency be in .jpeg, .tiff or .png format and contingency not surpass twenty-five
MB in size, and;
• The Submission can't have been formerly published or submitted formerly in
any graduation of any kind.
• The Submission contingency not enclose element that violates or infringes another’s
rights, including though limitation, privacy, broadside or egghead property
• The Submission contingency approve with all a mandate of a SDK, a finish user
license agreement, and though limitation, a remoteness mandate and recommendations in Exhibit A of a SDK permit agreement to be found during a following URL:
• The Submission contingency not calumniate Sponsor, Administrator or any other person
or celebration dependent with a Contest;
• The Submission contingency not enclose any Sponsor or third celebration code names or
• Entrant contingency have accede from all people that seem in a video aspect
of a Submission (if any) to use their name and correspondence and to extend a rights
set onward herein;
• The Submission contingency not enclose element not total by entrant;
• The Submission contingency not enclose element that is inappropriate, indecent,
obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, damning or libelous;
• The Submission contingency not enclose element that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred
or mistreat opposite any organisation or sold or promotes taste formed on
race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, passionate course or age; and •
The Submission contingency not enclose element that is unlawful, in defilement of or
contrary to a laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
In a eventuality of a brawl as to any Submission, a certified comment hilt of a email address, Google+ account, or Facebook comment used to register will be deemed to be a entrant and contingency approve with these Official Rules. The “authorized comment holder” is a healthy chairman indifferent an email address, Google+ or Facebook comment by an Internet entrance provider or online use provider or other classification responsible. Each entrant might be compulsory to uncover explanation of being an certified comment holder.
The personal information we contention on registration will be stored on a server in a United States of America. Entry into a Contest constitutes your establish to a trade of your personal information to a United States of America and a use there for a functions of administering this Contest and compared estimate (e.g., though not singular to back-up, archiving). All personal information submitted as partial of this Contest will be collected by Administrator on interest of Sponsor in suitability with Sponsor’s remoteness policy, accessible during http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/privacy/intel-online-privacy-notice-summary.html. Sponsor has told a U.S. Department of Commerce that it adheres by a manners of a Safe Harbor Framework accessible underneath http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/eg_main_018236.asp.
SPONSOR’S USE OF SUBMISSION MATERIALS: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s establish to extend Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, incessant (or for a whole tenure of generation of egghead skill rights), non-exclusive, sub-licensable permit to use, reproduce, modify, publish, and arrangement such Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or record now famous or after grown for promotional or selling functions of Sponsor’s and/or Creative’s products. If requested, entrant will pointer any support that might be compulsory for Sponsor or a designees to entirely feat a above-referenced permit extend to a Submission. In extenuation Sponsor such license, entrant will paint and aver that a Submission stays unpublished and does not in any approach transgress on any third party’s egghead properties. Intellectual skill tenure to a Submission stays with a entrant. Entrant shall not practice his/her dignified rights (including, in particular, a right to say a firmness of a Submission) vis-à-vis Sponsor and a successors and assigns. Released Parties (as tangible below) are not obliged for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, behind or misdirected Submissions; all of that will be blank and not considered. Submission shall be theme to a remoteness mandate and recommendations in Exhibit A of a SDK permit agreement to be found during a following URL:
WINNER DETERMINATION PROCESS: A row of adult to 4 (four) competent judges dynamic by Sponsor in a solitary option will name intensity winners from among all authorised Submissions formed on a following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
• Does a antecedent maximize use perceptual computing facilities (e.g., gestures, voice touch) for a form of knowledge and use box it was designed for? (up to 20 points per judge);
• Is a antecedent of high quality, performs as approaching with strong fortitude and functionality? (up to 20 points per judge)
• Is a antecedent of high quality? Does it have an discerning pattern for a targeted usage? (up to 20 points per judge);
• Does a antecedent broach a constrained experience? If a antecedent were grown into an application, would consumers be meddlesome in regulating it for a dictated purpose? (up to 20 points per judge) and;
• Other factors we feel contingency be weighed, i.e. innovation, creativity, dedication, aberration or other (up to 20 points per judge)
• Total Points: 100 points per judge. Scores will be total for a sum total limit measure of adult to 400 points.
Each Submission will be reviewed by a row of judges.
In sequence to be deliberate for a Grand Prize, a normal measure for an entrant’s Submission contingency be seventy-five (75) or greater. There will be adult to 4 (4) Grand Prizes awarded to a entrants with a 4 (4) top scoring Submissions that accommodate this compulsory threshold score.
In sequence to be deliberate for a First Prize, a normal measure for an entrant’s Submission fifty (50) or greater. There will be adult to sixteen (16) First Prizes awarded to a entrants with a sixteen (16) top scoring Submissions that accommodate this compulsory threshold score.
In sequence to be deliberate for a Second Prize, a normal measure for an entrant’s Submission be twenty-five (25) or greater. There will be adult to twenty-five (25) Second Prizes awarded to a entrants with a twenty-five (25) top scoring Submissions that accommodate this compulsory score.
In a eventuality of a tie, a leader will be dynamic by a competent judges, in their solitary discretion.
Sponsor pot a right to name fewer than a intensity forty-five (45) winners if, in a solitary discretion, a Submissions do not accommodate a scoring criteria described above and or it does not accept a sufficient series of authorised Submissions.
WINNER NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: An certified deputy of Sponsor will trigger email notifications to a intensity winners on or around Mar 11, 2013. Each intensity leader will be compulsory to (1) contention a duplicate of central supervision released marker for explanation of identity, residency, and age; (2) agree, pointer and contention papers confirming acceptance of a esteem and agreement to recover a Sponsor, Administrator, and other parties listed in a Release territory below; (3) finish and contention an IRS form W-9 (applicable to US residents only) or as applicable, any other tax-related forms compulsory for residents of other countries, and (4) where not taboo by law, leader will be compulsory to pointer a broadside release. Collectively these papers will be referred to as “Prize Acceptance Documentation.” All winners might be compulsory to pointer Prize Acceptance Documentation that might be drafted in a English language. This Prize Acceptance Documentation contingency be perceived by certified deputy of Sponsor within 7 (7) days of a date notice or attempted notice is sent, in sequence to explain his/her prize. If a intensity leader can't be contacted, fails to govern and lapse a Prize Acceptance Documentation within a compulsory time period, does not approve with these Official Rules, or a esteem is returned as undeliverable, a intensity leader forfeits a prize. If a intensity leader is unfit for any reason, a esteem might be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s solitary discretion. Only 3 (3) swap winners might be dynamic for any prize, after that a germane esteem will not be awarded. Acceptance of any esteem shall consecrate and weigh any winner’s agreement and establish that Sponsor and a designees might use a winner’s name, city, state, province, country, likeness, Submission and/or esteem information in tie with a Contest for promotional, graduation or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now famous or penance devised, including though limitation, a Internet, though reduction and though serve payment, notification, accede or other consideration, only where taboo by law. Each leader accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be thankful to use a Submission and that Sponsor in a solitary option shall have a right to refrain from regulating a Submission. Sponsor shall not catch any guilt whatsoever to a border Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of a rights hereunder. Each leader will entirely recompense Sponsor, Released Parties (as tangible below) and any licensee of Sponsor opposite all claims, damages, liabilities, and losses (including reasonable warn fees and authorised expenses)
arising out of any crack of these Official Rules. Prizes will be over 8 – 10 weeks after a finish of a Contest.
PRIZES: UP TO FOUR (4) GRAND PRIZES: $20,000 USD. UP TO SIXTEEN (16) FIRST PRIZES: $5,000 USD. UP TO TWENTY-FIVE (25) SECOND PRIZES: $1,000 USD.
Prizes will be awarded as money or a money equivalent. Winners might be compulsory to set adult a PayPal account, as destined by a Sponsor, in sequence to accept his/her prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no transformation will be done only as supposing herein during a Sponsor’s solitary discretion. The Sponsor pot a right to surrogate a esteem for one of equal or larger value if a designated esteem should turn taken for any reason. Neither a Sponsor nor a Administrator shall be probable or obliged for any lost, stolen or unnoticed prizes. For all non-U.S. winners, 30% of a esteem value will be funded and remitted to a IRS to approve with U.S. taxation laws and where suitable additional amounts will be funded as compulsory by winner’s nation of residence. Winners are obliged for all taxation reporting, taxes and fees compared with esteem receipt and/or use.
Release: By receipt of any prize, winners establish to recover and reason submissive a Sponsor, Creative, Administrator, participating Administrator vendors and their particular subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and esteem suppliers, and any of their particular primogenitor companies and any such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, a “Released Parties”) from and opposite any explain or means of action, including, though not singular to, repairs to or detriment of property, outset out of appearance in a Contest or receipt or use or injustice of any prize. This Release does not ask to claims opposite Sponsor, a member and a sympathetic agents for indemnification since of personal repairs or death, and to claims for indemnification in box of vigilant or sum loosening by Sponsor, a member or sympathetic agents.
General Conditions: Sponsor pot a right to cancel, postpone and/or cgange a Contest, or any partial of it, if any fraud, technical failures, tellurian blunder or any other means impairs a firmness or correct functioning of a Contest, as dynamic by Sponsor in a solitary discretion. If a Contest is terminated, Sponsor may, in a solitary discretion, establish a winners from among all non-suspect, authorised Submissions perceived adult to time of such movement regulating a judging procession summarized above. Sponsor, in a solitary discretion, pot a right to invalidate any sold it finds to be tampering with a Submission routine or a operation of a Contest or to be behaving in defilement of a Official Rules of this or any other graduation or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive demeanour and blank all compared Submissions. Any try by any chairman to deliberately criticise a legitimate operation of a Contest might be a defilement of rapist and polite law, and, should such an try be made, Sponsor pot a right to find indemnification and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such chairman to a fullest border available by law. Sponsor’s disaster to make any tenure of these Official Rules shall not consecrate a waiver of that provision.
Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not obliged for:
(1) any improper or false information, either caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of a apparatus or programming compared with or employed in a Contest;
(2) technical failures of any kind, including though limitation, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software;
(3) unapproved tellurian involvement in any partial of a Submission routine or a Contest;
(4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or tellurian blunder that might start in a administration of a Contest, a uploading, a estimate or judging of Submissions or votes or a tabulating of votes, a proclamation of a prizes or in any Contest-related materials;
(5) late, lost, undeliverable, shop-worn or stolen mail; or
(6) any repairs or repairs to persons or skill that might be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from
entrant’s appearance in a Contest or receipt or use or injustice of any esteem (including any travel/activity compared thereto). Released Parties are not obliged for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of mechanism systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, mislaid or taken network connectors or failed, incomplete, inaudible or behind mechanism delivery or any multiple thereof. Released Parties are not obliged for any unapproved third celebration use of any Submission.
DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that:
(1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of movement outset out of or connected with this Contest or any esteem awarded shall be resolved individually, though examination to any form of category action, and exclusively by a United States District Court for a Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or a suitable Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan;
(2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be singular to tangible out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs compared with entering this Contest, though in no eventuality attorneys’ fees; and
(3) underneath no resources will entrant be available to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, immaterial and material indemnification and any other damages, other than for tangible out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have indemnification double or differently increased. All issues and questions concerning a construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or a rights and obligations of a entrant and Sponsor in tie with a Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in suitability with, a laws of a State of Michigan though giving outcome to any choice of law or dispute of law manners (whether of a State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), that would means a concentration of a laws of any office other than a State of Michigan.
For Residents of Germany only: This reduction to a volume of indemnification does not ask if not available by law.
ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION: Participation in a Contest will be deemed to be your pithy authorisation to send personal information to a United States for functions of administration of a Contest. All information submitted as partial of this Contest will be collected by Administrator only on interest of Sponsor in suitability with Sponsor’s remoteness policy, available at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/privacy/intel-online-privacy-notice- summary.html. Sponsor has told a U.S. Department of Commerce that it adheres by a rules of the Safe Harbor Framework available under http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/eg_main_018236.asp. Personal information includes name, email address, country, state or range and will be used to: (a) hit intensity winners; and (b) if an entrant selects to accept additional information from a Sponsor on a entrance form, to send additional information to that entrant. YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE STORED OR PROCESSED ON SERVERS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION OR JAPAN AND WILL NOT BE RETAINED BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR AND WILL BE DELETED EXCEPT SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSES SET FORTH IN (A) AND (B) ABOVE.
Winners List: For a names of a esteem winners, send a self-addressed, hammered pouch (Vermont residents need not hitch lapse postage) to: Intel® Perceptual Computing Challenge, The Game Agency, 377 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016. Please mention “Winner List.” Requests contingency be perceived by Aug 1, 2013.
For Residents of Germany Only: Pursuant to a German Federal Data Protection Act, we have a right to information about a personal information stored about you, including a origin, target or categories of recipients of a information and a purpose of a storage. In addition, we have a right of improvement and, in certain circumstances, to disabling and deletion of your information and, in certain circumstances, a right to intent to a collection, estimate and use of your personal data. To practice such right, we might write to: “The Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge,” c/o The Game Agency, 377 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016, U.S.A.
For Residents of Russia Only: Pursuant to a Russian Federal Law “On Personal Data,” we have a right to information about a personal information stored about you, including a origin, target or categories of recipients of a information and a purpose of a storage. In addition, we have a right of improvement and, in certain circumstances, to disabling and deletion of your information and, in certain circumstances, a right to intent to a collection, estimate and use of your personal data. To practice such right, we might write to: “The Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge,” c/o The Game Agency, 377 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016, U.S.A.
For Residents of South Korea Only: Pursuant to a Korean Personal Information Protection Act and Act on IT Network Use Promotion and Information Protection, we have a right to repel your establish to a collection and use of your personal information, and to examination or ask improvement of (i) your personal information hold by an Administrator and/or Sponsor, (ii) standing of use or third celebration pity of your personal information by Administrator and/or Sponsor, and (iii) story of your establish to collection, use or third celebration pity of personal information. To practice such right, we might write to: “The Intel Perceptual Computing Challenge,” c/o The Game Agency, 377 Park Avenue South, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016, U.S.A.
© 2012 The Game Agency, LLC. All rights reserved.
Article source: http://www.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond/2012/12/the-intel-perceptual-computing-challenge/