8(a) Graduate Firm of a Year, Industry Leaders Also Honored
WASHINGTON, June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ – A service-disabled veteran-owned tiny business executive from Colorado and a woman-owned mapping record association from Minnesota have been named a National Prime Contractor of a Year and National Subcontractor of a Year by a U.S. Small Business Administration. The awards were announced during a breakfast eventuality as partial of a SBA’s National Small Business Week celebration.
“When sovereign contracts get into a hands of tiny businesses, it is a win-win for a sovereign government, tiny businesses, a economy and a pursuit market,” pronounced SBA Administrator Karen Mills. “The sovereign supervision awarded scarcely $100 billion in sovereign contracts to tiny businesses like a ones being respected today. These businesses and a attention leaders who agreement with tiny businesses assistance boost a nation’s economy and they are stellar models of how to successfully navigate a sovereign constrictive arena.”
This year’s winners are:
- Small Business Prime Contractor of a Year: Michael Lee Anderson, President of INTECON, LLC, determined a service-disabled veteran-owned tiny business in 1999, to yield telecommunication, IT, upkeep and operation, engineering hardware and module services, and advisory assistance services to supervision and blurb customers. The association has 81 employees and achieved $17.6 million in revenues final year.
INTECON supports operationally personal programs in a US, Korea, Afghanistan and a Middle East. Special achievements for INTECON include: monitoring and providing research of deviation decay from a shop-worn Japanese arch reactor during a Japanese earthquake/tsunami recovery, providing interpretation and research on a Mexican supervision sponsored Web site dedicated to anti-drug efforts and introducing a Health Service Support Estimate Process now famous as a National Integrated Catastrophic Health Events-Preparedness and Response System (NICHE-PRS) to a Federal Emergency Management Agency, that resulted in an invitation to exam a complement in a inhabitant turn exercise.
- Small Business Subcontractor of a Year: Founded in 1987, Pro-West Associates (PWA) is a woman-owned tiny business that is also approved in a U.S. Small Business Administration’s Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) program. The organisation specializes in Geographic Information System (GIS) technology. This record is used exclusively to create, conduct and daydream geographic information that typically can usually be seen on maps. The organisation provides tradition and semi-custom GIS applications, geo-database design, and Structured Query Language (SQL) designed for database supervision and cartographic products. PWA has conducted multi-million dollar inner feasibility studies and provides GIS assistance to a Environmental Protection Agency.
The association has been awarded supervision contracts trimming from several thousand dollars to some-more than $5 million to yield solutions and services that embody desktop, web mobile mapping applications, complement pattern and integration.
The dual tiny businesses were comparison from among 10 informal primary contractors and 10 informal subcontractors of a year. The awards respect tiny businesses that yield superb products and services to a sovereign supervision as primary contractors or as subcontractors.
SBA’s 8(a) Business Development module is a nine-year module that provides socially and economically disadvantaged firms entrance to supervision constrictive opportunities and specialized business training and conversing to assistance them turn viable competitors in a sovereign marketplace.
- 8(a) Graduate Firm of a Year: Ronald Bene Woods primarily founded Woods Group Architects, Inc., in a tumble of 1992, as Architecture Innovations Group after winning a agreement for a 30,000 block feet multi-purpose formidable for Philander Smith College, Arkansas’s oldest Historically Black College and University. Today, Woods Group Architects, Inc. is one of a largest minority-owned architectural organisation in Arkansas and a connoisseur of a U.S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program. The organisation has 6 employees, and revenues in additional of $800,000. Its projects embody high-profile open facilities; educational facilities, from K-12 to colleges and universities; blurb sell developments; eremite facilities; and tradition residential designs.
Woods Group Architects, Inc. entered a SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program in 1996 and perceived several contracts from a U.S. Department of Agriculture and a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development during a tenure. The association recently collaborated on a William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Library and a new depot enlargement for a Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport.
Other buying awards announced currently include:
The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence, noticing vast primary contractors that have excelled in function of tiny businesses as suppliers and subcontractors. The recipients are:
- Clark Construction Group, of Bethesda, Md; Wesley Stith, clamp president, tiny business relationship (Construction Category).
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Lincoln Laboratory, of Lexington, Mass; Dr. Eric Evans, director, (Research and Development Category).
- Tetra Tech Technical Services, Inc. of Pasadena, Calif; boss arch handling officer, (Services Category).
- Lockheed Martin Corporation of Bethesda, Md; clamp president, Global Supply Chain, (Manufacturing Category).
To perspective a list of a informal primary contractors and subcontractors of a year, visit: http://www.sba.gov/nsbw/2013-award-winners.
Every year given 1963, a U.S. Small Business Administration takes a eventuality to prominence by National Small Business Week a impact of superb entrepreneurs, tiny business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. This year’s eventuality will be hold June 17-21, in Seattle, Dallas, St. Louis, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C. charity tips, collection and training for tiny businesses to start, attain and grow. In further to in-person events, tiny business owners can attend in online-only row discussions on prohibited topics like amicable media and business financing starting daily during 4 p.m. ET. All events, in-person and online, will be streamed live on www.sba.gov/smallbusinessweek. The eventuality hashtag is #SBW2013.
Small Business Week 2013 sponsors include: Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, National Association of a Self Employed (NASE), Arlington Texas Chamber of Commerce, ATT, ADP, AARP, LegalShield, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL),SCORE, Western Pennsylvania Small Business Network, Staples, Dun Bradstreet Credibility Corp., Visa, Women Impacting Public Policy(WIPP),Staples, SuperMedia, TXU Energy, Verizon, Vox Global, Business Forward and Office Depot.
The U.S. Small Business Administration’s appearance in this cosponsored activity does not consecrate an demonstrate or pragmatic publicity of any cosponsor’s, donor’s, grantee’s, contractor’s or participant’s opinions, products or services. All SBA programs and cosponsored programs are extended to a open on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested during slightest dual weeks in advance, by contacting email@example.com. Cosponsorship Authorization #SBW2013.
Contact: Tiffani Clements (202) 401-0035
Internet Address: http://www.sba.gov/news
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook Blogs
Release Number: 13-41
SOURCE U.S. Small Business Administration
Article source: http://www.sys-con.com/node/2710135